- This event has passed.
Special Guest Alex Lewin – Master Fermenter & Author
November 5, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us in welcoming fermentation Advocate and Author Alex Lewin for an intimate talk, demo/tasting, Q&A and book signing!
In this informal and special 2 hours with Alex he will cover these topics and more:
* What is the history of fermented drinks?
* What’s so great about fermented drinks? Why are they good for you?
* What is some of the science behind fermentation?
* What fermented drinks can you make at home in 5 minutes or less?
* How do you make pineapple wine?
* What can you do with that old sauerkraut that’s been cluttering up your kitchen for a year?
* Where does fermentation meet mixology?
* Bring any questions that you may have!
We will indulge in tastings and engage with Alex on many fermentation topics and techniques.
ALEX LEWIN, a graduate of Harvard, the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, seeks to create a healthier and tastier world by spreading the word about fermentation and real food. He teaches fermentation classes and workshops and served on the board of the Boston Public Market Association, where he helped create a year-round indoor market selling local food. He lives in Boston and San Francisco. Be sure to visit his blog at: www.FeedMeLikeYouMeanIt.com.
General Tuition: $25.00
Member Tuition: $15.00
Register by Friday November 3rd. and enter into a raffle for a signed copy of Alex’s Newest Book!