- This event has passed.
ON BRIGHT WINGS: Live Fully Die Well, with Trisha Jauchler
February 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
What does it mean to be “death positive?” End-of-Life Doulas promote a healthy acceptance of death as a natural and necessary part of life, while enhancing quality of life for as long as life lasts. Acceptance of our mortality can lead to a more peaceful and joyful ending that can ease transition for the dying, and provide comfort and sacred memories for those who grieve this passing. This presentation will examine current societal views regarding death and how the Alternative Death movement is seeking to change our understanding and practices for the better. Other points to ponder:
- What is an End-of-Life Doula and why would I need one?
- What do I need to know about funeral homes, and what are my options?
- What services does an End-of-Life Doula provide?
- How does thinking about death make living more meaningful?
- What are some ways to become Death Positive?
- What does the dying process of the future look like?
Trisha Jauchler is a Certified Thanatologist (death and grief specialist) and End-of-Life Doula, a Certified Dementia Practitioner, and a Registered Drama Therapist. Through On Bright Wings End of Life Services, she speaks and teaches about end of life issues internationally, and locally provides care for individuals and their families before, during, and after death; and provides grief and loss support.
General Tuition: $15
Members Tuition: $10
You may also register by phone (626) 893-51645 or in-store to secure your seat.
Want to Save on All workshops and events? Click Here and become a Member!